@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=The+Girl+Next+Door); Two Toots Soap Shop: And so it begins...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

And so it begins...

I deliver my first batch of goodies tomorrow to the place that is consigning them.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I hope they are priced right and sell well.  Our town is small but I'm hopeful that there will be interest.  Holidays are approaching.  Okay, okay, it's only July, I know.  BUT you can never shop too early, right? 

The scents I am featuring right now (only because it's what I had on hand and what I ordered is mostly "summerish") is Country Apple, Brown Sugar & Fig (love it!), Cucumber Melon, First Kiss, Butterfly Hugs, Daffodil, Gardenia & Hyacinth, Magnolia and Orange Blossom and Driving Me Bananas.  Driving Me Bananas is actually a scent called Monkey Farts but since I'm unsure of clientele at this point I figured I should probably change that.  I have one more scent that I did not use today but will for the next batch.  It's called Clementine.  Yummmmy!  And of course when the seasons change I'll use more "winter based" fragrances.  Or maybe I'll just call them seasonal scents.  I have Pepperment, Candy Cane and Winter Garden.  I'm not sure if I'll be a fan of Winter Garden but I guess we'll find out.

I made whipped body frosting, lotion, soap and sugar scrub for the debut.  I'll be adding body mist as well, after I return from Arizona.  I'll also be checking out body butter recipes that are more lotion-y, thicker, smoother creams as opposed to the whipped body frosting.  Can't wait to explore this new venture.  I'm just hoping it sells enough to keep going.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. That will be awesome. I hope they will sell well, because the scents sound yummy.

    Thanks for joining our blog hop again:)
    Be sure to follow all of the hosts to be entered into the gorgeous giveaway.

    Amanda Joy
    www.joyinthejumble.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am your newest follower from the hop! Pleased to meet you!

    Stop by Keeping up with Kristi! Can't wait to hear all about your soap success :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I am a new fan from the hop. Please visit me back at My-2-Cents
    THank you and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete